I suddenly miss my dad. I grew up seeing him rarely. I grew up with lies. They let me believe that my parents are still together that they only have to separate because of work. Mommy is working abroad while Daddy is working too far to give us good life. That's what I thought for almost 8 years. But then, growing up as a normal child, I keep asking my lolo and lola about my parents. "Where is Mommy?" "Where is Daddy?" "Why they're not together?" They keep on telling me lies. They don't want me and my older brother to know what's real. But eventually, I discovered it by myself. I was not shocked, after all I've never seen them together. So as a young kid, it's not a big deal.
But there are times (like now) that I missed my dad. He's the sweetest ever. He kisses me on my forehead that my mom never did. He often says "I love you" with a Tagalog accent Ay-lab-yoo. But I love the way he tells it. He always reminds me to pray before I sleep, drink lots of water. Eat healthy. He didn't support us financially like what my mom did. But when he's around he make sure that we're loved. Sometimes, I'm mad at him because of what he did to our family. But it already happened. He never choses to leave us. But things are not always good. Sometimes, it goes out of hand. So I have to understand that I can't have a perfect life. No life is perfect anyway. So yea, now. I'm leaving far from my home. Far from anyone I loved. Far from my dad. I miss him. I hope he's fine. I hope he misses me too. I hope he's taking good care of himself.
I miss you daddy. How I wish you can read this. I love you. Not just because you are my dad. Because I know you love me too. I'm sorry if sometimes I've been a bad daughter. But I love you. And you will always be my daddy. Always take care.

No comments:
Post a Comment