Live.Love

Live.Love

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Big "C"

I am blessed with good friends.
I have lots of good friends that I can rely on when problem comes. One of my closest friends - RB, called me last night. He is one of my friends that's always there and visible as always. We exchange texts, calls and we meet every now and then. We share thoughts, ideas, gossips, our love stories and everything we can talk about. He is such a good friend. That guy is so gay, he can make you laugh until your stomach aches. We know each other for almost 7 years now. I love that guy so much.

Last night, about midnight, he called me. I know that his mom is facing a great battle on her life. She was diagnosed to have a cervical cancer. :(

In wikipedia, Cervical Cancer is, " malignant neoplasm of the cervix uteri or cervical area. It may present with vaginal bleeding but symptoms may be absent until the cancer is in its advanced stages. Treatment consists of surgery (including local excision) in early stages and chemotherapy andradiotherapy in advanced stages of the disease."

I know its hard for my friend. He told me that the night before last night, here mother was in a crucial condition. His mom's heart beat stops. The line was flat. The eyes were white. RB was scared, but he prayed. He witnessed how the doctors revived his mom. He almost bend his knees to ask mercy for the doctors, just to do everything to let his mom live. Just to bring her back to life.

He prayed to God.

After few seconds, God gave his mom a second life. She breathes,she's alive. (Thanks God)

Alive.

RB is crying. I know how painful it is for him. I can feel it. He loves his mom so much.
He said to me, "Ilalaban namen sya Ira. Ayaw namen sumuko."

I felt goose bumps. I shiver. I can feel the strong presence of his urge. Tears run down to my cheeks. I felt the pain. I know that my friend is suffering from greatest pain. All I can give is comfort and my ears, I can listen to all his heart aches, I can be there to tap his shoulders and give him a hug. I can give my prayers. But still, I know its not enough.

I know aside from emotional aspects, RB's suffering from financial problem right now. Medications, therapies and more; are very expensive. But as what he said, they'll fight for his mom. His courage touched my heart. I realized how lucky I am. I'm lucky that my mom and the rest of my family are in good health.

I realized how God moves to our family. He never left us.

God is good.

Now, I'm planning to visit RB's mom. To give my comfort and support as one of RB's best friend. I'll leave RB's mom's life to God. Our divine creator. Please help me to pray for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment